The world of an expectant parent is filled with excitement and joy but there’s also a streak of anxiousness – of creating the most cozy and secure environment for the little one. Gifts bought for the baby must therefore be screened to ensure they complement their gentle skin and are 100% harm free.
To help you do that, here is a list of eco-friendly baby gifts that are not only ideal for a newborn, but will sure make the expectant parents and the environment happy. Needless to say, there are lots of other options available, if you’re selecting something else follow this thumb rule – in foods and clothing make sure you choose Organic, and in toys and feeding equipment avoid plastics!
Here you go:
The Must Haves: There are varying options to choose from but there are some serious essentials that a new mom could do with. Here they are:
- Kate Quinn organic cotton receiving blanket: A must have for every new mum; receiving blankets are a part of the initial mother baby bond and that’s what makes them extra special. Opt for the 100% organic cotton ones from Kate Quinn. Organic cotton makes them chemical free and breathable, and their soft feel makes them perfect for the baby’s skin. Pick them up online here. They make for beautiful organic baby gifts and are perfect for any occasion.
- Burts and Bees Organic crib sheet: Crib sheets make for a great gift for the mommy to be. Burts and Bees’ range of Bee Essentials has 100% organic crib sheets that are uber soft. Their products are of natural origin and to add to that, their packaging and distribution adheres to the highest environmental standard, making them a great bet. If these overshoot your budget, look out for some local brands. Keep a look out for 100% organic cotton linen – though hard to believe, the organic ones are even softer than the regular crib beddings. If you want to buy more than just sheets, you could even choose from a range of crib beddings from Amazon.
- La Flora organic baby care hamper: The organic body care hamper for the babies from La Flora which includes an organic massage oil, a natural soap and an organic balm for the baby’s bottom, is a useful gift for the newborn and the mom to be. You can pick the gift set from here. Alternatively, make your own organic hamper of organic soap and shampoo for babies, cold pressed baby oil. Add to that a hooded organic cotton terry towel from American Baby Company and you have a great baby bath set ready.
- Chicco glass feeding bottles: A fantastic replacement to the regular plastic milk bottles, these glass feeding bottles for infants from Chicco can be picked up online here. Made from glass, they are 100% BPA free and a healthier, more hygienic choice for the baby.
- Earth Conscious organic baby romper: The organic cotton romper from Earth Conscious is a great gift to pick. There’s also a huge variety of super cute onesies and other clothes to choose from. Make sure to pick the ones that are 100% organic and/or made from bamboo. These two fabrics are great for the newborn baby’s skin.
- BumGenuis modern cloth diapers: The modern cloth diapers are a great replacement to the disposable ones available in the market. Not only are they easy to use, leak proof, but also easy on the pocket, while being a easy on the environment. Consider BumGenius, which specialises in these modern cloth diapers, their patented technology has been designed keeping the comfort of the baby in mind.
Others: Then there’s the other fun stuff to choose from that make great eco friendly baby gifts are:
- Jellystone organic bangle teether: This happens to be our favourite on the list. Organic jewellery teethers come in shapes of pendants, bangles etc. The Jellystone Designs teethers are made with 100% silicone and are BPA, PVC, latex, phthalates, or metals free, making them completely safe for babies. They are a great alternative to cosmetic jewellery that the babies could hold and play with. Buy them here.
- Sophie, the giraffe teether: The Sophie teether is another great baby gift.Made from 100% natural rubber and food paint makes it a good choice, these teethers are perfect for pain relief in teething babies. When buying any other teethers, make sure to look out for the ones that are Phthalates and BPA free.
Do let us know if you have any more unique baby shower gifting ideas that can be added to our list and happy shopping.