Crave for frizz free, smooth and straight, healthy looking hair? Look no further, cause we’ve put together some easy ways for you to get this look, that too chemical free, and without a trip to the salon. Salon treatment for hair straightening involves putting your hair through multiple hair damaging chemical processes, once rinsed off the chemicals find their way into our ground water and rivers, increasing the toxicity around us!
These quick to do home treatments, that involve only basic kitchen ingredients, aren’t only effective but also are great on the pocket and good for the environment.
Here are 5 easy fixes to get naturally straight hair:
- Lemon and Coconut Milk: Not only is it known to moisturize your hair, it also makes it lustrous and healthy. To extract the coconut milk, grate the coconut and then blend it. Mix this milk with the juice of 1 lemon and keep this mixture refrigerated overnight. Apply this cream (the mixture turns in a creamy format by morning) to your scalp and hair and leave it on for about half hour, covered in a hot towel. Rinse off like you would do with a conditioner and comb your hair with a wide toothed comb.
- Milk: Milk is known to condition the hair, leaving it healthier and straighter. All you need to do is fill 1/3rd cup milk in a spray bottle. Comb your hair and then spray this into your hair and comb through it again. This will ensure the milk reaches through all the strands and follicles. Then wash off with shampoo and condition as usual. Additionally, if you have dry hair, you could add a little bit of honey to milk.
- Aloe Vera: It’s a herb filled with goodness and using the gel from it combined with oil helps get straight, healthy hair. All you need to do is mix ½ cup of Aloe Vera gel to ½ cup of warm (not hot) oil – preferably olive oil. Apply this mixture on to your scalp and strands and let it stay for about half an hour. Rinse off as usual.
- Hot Oil treatments: This one’s something we’re all familiar with but did you know regular hot oil treatments, using oils like coconut, sesame, almond or olive, hydrates, and relaxes your hair. This in turn helps reduce curls and waviness, thereby resulting in straight, smooth hair. All you need to do is warm up some oil and apply it to your scalp while massaging it. Comb this through gently and then cover your hair with a hot towel for about half hour on your and rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This one’s known to reduce the frizz and also the chemical build up from your scalp. All you need to do is add a spoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to a mug of water and wash your hair with this post your routine shampoo. Finish this off with a cold water rinse.
While all the above mentioned are suggestions to help reduce frizz, deeply condition and thereby help you get straighter hair, the effect of these only shows up with repeated use. So do try them and share your views and if you’ve got more ideas, do share them with us.