If you’re a pet lover, you’ll want to take care of them like you care for yourself, and what better than giving them the benefits of all natural remedies for pets!
You can make these at home and customize them to your needs – from lite to luxurious and rich, and give pets the pampering they deserve. And, your choices will help the environment. Remember, every time you use a chemical laden product, it goes back into our soil or water eventually, harming not just the environment but our health as well.
Here are 8 natural products for pets and smart ideas for taking care of your pets organically:
- Dog Shampoo: This is an easy to make shampoo that uses only 3 ingredients and is great for killing ticks and fleas that live in the fur and skin. Mix a cup of baby shampoo with a cup of white vinegar and one litre of warm water. This unique formula is a cheaper and more environmentally friendly alternative to pet shampoo.
- Dry Shampoo: If you’d like to deodorize your dog between baths with natural products for pets, then you could try making a dry shampoo and dusting your dog with it. All you need is 1 cup of baking soda, 1 cup corn starch or Arrow Root powder, and a few drops of an essential oil of your preference lemon and lavender are yummy smelling and come closest to real shampoos. Just sprinkle this mix on your dog, and massage it into his / her skin with your hands or with a brush. One cup of baking soda is mostly all you’ll need (for a mid-sized dog). Try not to use this method too frequently as the powder can accumulate on their skin.
- Lavender Oil: Try putting a few drops of lavender essential oil on the brush you use to tame your dog’s mane. It will make the coat shiny, and keep fleas and ticks away. It’s one of the simplest natural pet products that’s readily available in the house.
- Chamomile tea: If your dog has an upset stomach or is gassy, try simmering a bag of camomile tea in their drinking water.
- Lemongrass oil: is a natural bug-repellent and can be spritzed on your pet when you go for a walk. This helps repel mosquitoes and other insects. Since dogs and cats both dislike the smell of lemongrass, you may have to run around a bit in order to spray it on them properly.
- Flax seeds: are a natural remedy for constipation. Sprinkle a small amount on pet food and make sure not to sprinkle too much as it can cause diarrhea. It also helps dogs and cats maintain a shiny coat and keeps the joints well lubricated. Isn’t this a smart and natural pet care product?
- Pumpkin seeds: Dogs tend to taste almost everything they sniff and in any given day, that could be a lot of unidentified or unsavory items. For this reason, they tend to end up with worms. A great way to solve this problem is to add some pumpkin seeds to their food which will help expel all sorts of worms from their system.
- Eggs: beat an egg and add it to your dog’s food once a week to keep their coat looking extra shiny. Eggs are a great source of protein as well.
Most pet stores today also sell natural / organic pet care products. Try these put but make sure you read the label carefully before you do. To know more about how to tell the difference between types of natural products read this, and always remember to Read the Label before buying.
Natural dog shampoo
Natural pet care products
Why to use natural pet care products